Curries are one of my absolute favorite meals to cook and to eat, especially in the colder months. I make a curry meal at least once a week. The vegetables vary as well as some of the spices, but the simple process is always the same, which makes for a perfect-go-to. Heat spices, toss in vegetables, sometimes seafood, usually add coconut milk, and allow for a nice 20-30 minute simmer. It’s that simple and always delicious. It’s also an easy meal to make in bulk which I end up eating for lunch during the week. Again, a perfect-go-to meal.
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 diced sweet potato
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- Heat all the ingredients in a large pot on medium heat for a couple minutes. Add chopped vegetables and coat. Add in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Bring heat up to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice or spinach.
What’s your go-to cold weather meal? If you try out this curry, make sure to post and tag #VibrantBean so I can see your creations!