For some reason, I’ve been feeling a little run down lately. Not sure if it’s the extreme weather changes going on here in LA (currently in a major heat wave), stress, or just something my body is working through, but I’m under the weather. I got home the other day and decided that I needed a boost. I haven’t been juicing lately, but a nutrient and vitamin packed juice seemed like a good idea. I also happened to pick up some kiwis that day so I looked into juicing them. Fantastic idea! Benefits listed below
- 3 kiwis - skins left on
- 1 or 2 limes, depending on size, skin cut off if not organic
- 1 medium cucumber
- small nub of ginger
- Thoroughly was and clean fruits and veggies. Cut and out through juicer. Strain if necessary.
- * this juice is definitely tart. If that's not your thing, cut that taste by adding half an apple.
The goods on this juice:
- I came to find out kiwis are LOADED with vitamin C, like more than equal amounts of orange. It’s great to fight free radicals (radical!) and is packed with minerals.
- Cucumber is also loaded with minerals and is great to help hydrate and ease bloating.