Juicing is pretty routine for me. Basic. Lots of the same vegetables. Almost always the same fruit.
Sometimes I get crazy and add things like bell pepper. Or fennel. When I want my hair extra shiny or I want glowing skin. When I need more vitamins.
This juice is a crazy one. Berries. Usually reserved for smoothies because of their excellent fiber content. But needed in this juice for their Vitamin C.
Berry Grapefruit Juice:
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 grapefruit - peel cut off
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 large
- 1 small ginger nub - about the size of thumbnail
- Place all ingredients through juicer. Strain if necessary. Enjoy!
- Blackberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Also folate which helps the immune system, helps brain function, and gives the body energy.
- Grapefruit is another great source of Vitamin C. Contains antioxidants like lycopene which is known to help prevent or fight tumors. Grapefruits are great to help balance insulin.