It’s a little twist on a favorite comfort food. Unlike traditional mashed potatoes, the cauliflower mash is much lighter. You won’t feel heavy from potato starch. So easy to prepare. Pairs great with roasted veggies and / or fish.
- 1 head cauliflower - cut up into large pieces
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 - 2 tbsp organic butter/ghee/vegan butter
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- nutritional yeast - optional
- Steam cauliflower until super tender.
- Remove from stove and place in medium bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, garlic, salt, pepper. Mash or use hand blender until it reaches desired consistency.
- Taste and add more butter or salt if needed.
- Stir in chives.
- Sever with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast - optional
Known to majorly help with detoxing the body, like most cruciferous. If we don’t help aid our bodies in detoxing, we are more susceptible to disease. It is loaded with antioxidants and has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is known to be a cancer and disease fighting food since a body with a low ability to detox and or a body with major inflammation is more at risk for cancer