It’s Friday!! The sun is shining and it looks like it will stick around all weekend. I’m all about it.
I decided Friday will be the day I post a yummy, healthy juice or smoothie recipe. I think it’s a good way to start the weekend. Plus, people tend to have a little more time to play in the kitchen. Juicing is certainly something that requires a little play time.
I love how refreshing and cleansing this juice is. It will definitely be in regular rotation for the warmer summer months.
Minty Lime Cleanser:
- Large handful of mint
- 1 lime – peel cut off if not organic *
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 small cucumber – peel cut off if not organic
- 1/2 green apple
Wash all ingredients thoroughly. Process through juicer. Strain if necessary. Enjoy!
- Mint: Incredibly soothing. Helps freshen breath. Fights seasonal allergy symptoms – major plus in spring!
- Cucumber: Very hydrating, cooling, and cleansing. Helps eliminate toxins and regulate body PH. The high water and antioxidant content make it wonderful for healthy skin
- Celery: Cleaning, is a diuretic. Helps eliminate toxins. Hydrates the body. Fantastic for the cardiovascular system which also makes it help lower blood pressure
*The peels of citrus and cucumber hold a lot of pesticides. If not using organic it is best to cut the skin/peels off