I’m a day late on this recipe, but in honor of National Kale day, I bring you a delicious an oh so simple kale salad. I think there is a national day for just about everything, National Pizza Day, National Donut Day, National Pie Day. And as much as I think those days are pretty cool, I mean a whole day devoted to pizza, <heaven!> I think a day dedicated to KALE is pretty damn sweet! Totally something I can support, especially in this little space.
This salad is so easy to make and a recipe I give to clients. It serves about 4 – 6, depending on serving size.
Kale Avocado Salad
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and torn into smaller pieces. Comes out to about 6 cups
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado cut up
- 1 large diced tomato
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- large dash of red pepper flakes
- Take kale and rinse very well. Massage for a couple minutes to break it up. Add onion, cilantro, avocado, and tomato
- Whisk oil, lemon, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl with a fork. Add to kale bowl.
- With clean hands, massage everything thoroughly, creaming the avocado.
Enjoy the goodness of the greens!