Oh man. Summer is really getting heated. I swear, summer in Southern California doesn’t really start until August. That’s when that outdoor heater is on 24-7. Can’t sleep heat. Ugh, but I actually love it. It’s weird. But seriously, I really love hot weather.
I’m just not a big fan of cooking in heat. It needs to be quick and easy. And fresh. I rarely eat fish, but a couple of times a month I give in and cook some up. The last few times I have cooked salmon, and cooked it the same way. This recipe changed the standard rosemary and lemon way up nicely.
All you need is:
- Salmon – I cooked for two people, we had .60 pound
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 500
- On medium heat, heat syrup and soy sauce for a few minutes. Add spices and continue cooking for several minutes. About 8-10 minutes total. Remove from heat.
- Rub a few pinches of salt and pepper on fish
- Cook fish for 4 minutes.
- Remove. Generously brush fish with sauce. Put back and cook for another 4 minutes
- Remove fish and coat again with sauce. Continue cooking for another 4-6 minutes.
Remove and Enjoy!!
What are your favorite easy summer meals?