Happy Tuesday Amigos!!
When I was in college, my roomies and me would frequent the nearby Trader Joes. Cheap wine, good cheeses, and cute boys. That’s all we really needed at the time. Not too much has changed, except I don’t eat cheese. The sadness from this is another story.
Anyway, they have some interesting stuff in that store compared to an average grocery store. Erik and I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and picked up some mango salsa some worker was RAVING about. We were so disappointed, it was made from mostly MANGOS!! I know, shocking. But seriously, we thought it would still taste kind of tomato-salsa like?! I think we spent too much time in the sun that day. I quickly added tomatoes and avocado to try to save it. Surprise, it was actually pretty good. Turns out we just like salsa with some mango, not mango salsa. Lesson learned.
Trader Joe’s, thanks for tricking us and inspiring me
Mango, Tomato, Avocado Salsa:
You will need:
- 1 mango – peeled and chopped
- 2-3 large tomatoes chopped - I used heirloom
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno diced – take seeds out unless you like it REALLY spicy
- 1-2 teaspoons salt – more or less to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chop mango, tomato, onion, avocado, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Toss chopped ingredients in bowl.
- Mix in spices.
- Drizzle in a little olive oil
- Taste and add more salt if needed
- Refrigerate until served