LOTS of veggies and fruits for three days. This is what I have just signed up for. I’m going through a juice cleanse, right now actually. It’s almost the end of the first day. I have decided to share my recipes, thoughts, and feelings daily as I go through this cleanse. And let me tell you, there is a lot going on…
Why a juice cleanse?
- Juicing is a direct shot of nutrients and vitamins into your system. Unlike smoothies or eating the veggies/fruit straight, the body has to do VERY minimal work to process and digest. Through the juicing process, the fiber is removed so all your body is processing is the liquid nutrients.
- Since your body doesn’t have to work hard at all to digest, your organs and metabolism get a much-needed rest. Think of how much work the liver does daily filtering and processing. Juicing allows a nice rest
- It’s a great way to support the body in releasing toxins
- Since your metabolism and organs are getting a rest, it’s also a good way to reboot your internal system
How am I doing the cleanse?
It’s really cool to see so many juicing shops and cleanses out there now. I however, did not choose to buy one of these cleanses. While they are convenient, I have a few reasons for doing it on my own…
- I have a really great Breville juicer. It makes juicing easy and cleanup fast.
- I juice almost daily, so I’m not looking to go through such extreme processes that some of the plans offer.
- I actually enjoy the reading and research that comes with planning a cleanse. I chose specific juicing recipes to aid in the cleansing I want.
Here’s the Breakdown:
I originally planned 6 juices today, but it’s almost bed time and I was able to get down 5 8-10 ounce juices. I chose most of my recipes from The Power of Juicing. I usually go with my own recipe of “throw everything juicable in the juice and stomach it” but for a cleanse, I wanted to have some recipes to change it up.
Juice 1: Immune booster – 3 carrots, 1 celery stock, 1 apple, 1/2 beet, small handful of wheatgrass, handful of parsley, small cut of ginger, half a cucumber
Juice 2: Blood Rejuvenator – 4 carrots, handful of spinach, 4 lettuce leaves, 1/4 turnip, small handful of parsley, 1 apple
Juice 3: Liver move – 1/2 beet with greens, 1/2 cucumber, 3 apples, little ginger
Juice 4: Pink flush – 1 grapefruit, 2 apples, 1/2 cucumber
Juice 5: My own mix – 6 lettuce leaves, 3 celery stock, 1 apple, 1/2 cucumber, 2 small limes, 1 lemon
So there was todays menu. I am exhausted!! I feel good but really tired. I feel super foggy too, I have felt this way on and off all day. Time to hit the hay!!